Template: Rocket Theme Vortex with no modifications. This project went live using just the basic features of this really interesting template.
Banner Art: We modified the existing logo from the original green color to a cool blue to match this template.
Overview: Heart of Titus is an active ministry sponsoring Evangelism in Latin America. Tony Nardella, president of the ministry, needed a Web site he could keep up to date and which could be easily translated into Spanish.
Technical Details: This is a Joomla 1.0.13 site with all the basic Joomla capabilities plus:
- eNewsletter - Tony sends out a regular newsletter to keep supporters and sponsors up-to-date on the ministry's activities.
- Podcasts - The site comes pre-loaded with the ability to store, play, and even distribute mp3 and other media files.
- Multi-media Files - The site can display video files, which is great for publicizing films of the ministry in action in Latin America.
- Press Releases - The site lets the ministry keep the public appraised of its activities.
- Blogs - Ministry members have their own blogs which are optimized for search engine friendliness. Each blog also features own RSS feed.
- Comments - Comment system allows visitors and site members to discuss articles.
- Event Listing - An events calendar is installed to keep everyone notified of upcoming events.
- Rotating Slideshow - Tony is a shutterbug. The site was packaged with a great slideshow feature that even does the neat 'Ken Burns' effect with the sliding images.
- Dynamic Translation - Site can be translated on-demand into Spanish.
Visit Heart of Titus to explore the site for yourself.